Translate

Samstag, 21. Juli 2018

How Singing the Word Strengthened My Faith by Jaye Thomas IHOPKC

How Singing the Word Strengthened My Faith


by Jaye Thomas

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am fluent in “Christianese“—that language Christians speak when referring to or describing all things related to their faith. Having married into a family whose members all speak multiple languages, I have learned that the best way to learn a new language is full immersion, leading to understanding by necessity.

One of the most intriguing things perhaps about language is the use of slang. These words or phrases only make sense contextually, and often only in cultures specific to a particular language, very similar to the use of idiomatic expressions.

Having grown up in a primarily Christian environment, I learned scriptural language, but was given little understanding of the biblical context for many of the things I said, heard, and sang.

In 2009, I was already on staff, a worship leader, and a prophetic singer by occupation at the International House of Prayer. Or so I thought....



                                        Finish reading


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen