Translate

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018

5 Steps to Know You Are Hearing God Accurately

Source: 5 Steps to Know You Are Hearing God Accurately  by Doug Addison

Have you wanted to hear the voice of God accurately and consistently? Maybe you hear the Lord but struggle to understand the timing of what He is saying. 

I’ve been training people how to hear God for a number of years, but I wasn’t always able to hear consistently the way I do now. I was all over the map. Then the Lord showed me five simple steps to hear God clearly, and everything in my life radically shifted.

I wish someone would have told me these things years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and pain. Here are five things I do to hear God clearly that you can do right now. They will change your life!

5 Steps to Hear God Accurately

1. Establish a Foundation of Love

Jesus said the greatest commandment of all the law and prophets is to:
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Luke 10:27 NIV

This simple commandment of Jesus has fallen out of some people’s Bibles, especially on the internet. But if you establish this foundation of love in your life—love God, love yourself, and love other people—it will hold the weight of what’s coming. It will build the foundation of what God wants to bring to you.

2. Cultivate the Spiritual Atmosphere

We all have a spiritual atmosphere around us that can be negative or positive. This spiritual principle is found in Galatians:
A man reaps what he sowsGalatians 6:7b NIV

If you focus on the negative, it may close the heavens over you. Sowing negative thoughts and words could be stopping revelation and blessing from flowing to and through your life. 

You can cultivate the spiritual atmosphere of love and shift the atmosphere by sowing positive thoughts and actions in your life and in those around you.

3. Track What God is Saying

Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.” Habakkuk 2:2 NIV

If you don’t write down the revelation you receive from the Lord, you may not be able to run with God. I write things down on a regular basis because I’m convinced that the only way to truly hear God accurately is to record it in some form. If you don’t value what God says, you could stop hearing Him. God usually speaks over time, and tracking what you’re hearing will help you. 

I journal 365 days a year. When I began this practice a few years ago, I received so much revelation that I started releasing the Daily Prophetic WordWhen we value what God is saying, God will release more. 

4. Activate God’s Word in Your Life

James 2:17 tells us that faith by itself is dead. We need to take our faith and the prophetic words God has given us and do something with them. There are things we must do to activate what God has for us. 

Twenty years ago, someone gave me a prophetic word that I would have dreams and travel around the world helping people. I grabbed hold of this prophetic word, recorded it, and read some books about dream interpretation. Years later, I started to travel and help others because I activated the prophetic word in my life. 

5. Learn to Discern

How can you know if something you’re hearing is from God or Satan? You can train yourself to learn to discern the voice of God by getting rid of fear, working with the Holy Spirit, and constantly using your gifts.
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:14 NIV

People worry about being deceived, yet they often spend more time and money on their favorite sports and hobbies than on hearing the Lord. All we need to do is step into Hebrews 5:14 and do something every day to train ourselves to hear God accurately.
You Can Hear God Accurately
This is my recipe for how I hear God the way I do. If you practice these things, you will grow closer to the Lord and hear His voice more accurately!
I go into greater detail about this and reveal new patterns from Heaven in my online workshop, How to Know God’s Voice & Timing: Listen Up and DiscernWhether you need to hear God clearly to get direction about major life decisions or hear God for your marriage and relationships, this 2-hour online training will help you get the clarity you need. Don’t delay, get this training for only $37 and tap into what God is saying today!

Blessings,
Doug Addison

Doug Addison is the founder and president of InLight Connection. Doug is a prophetic speaker, author and coach. He is known for his Daily Prophetic WordsSpirit Connection webcast, podcast and blog. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California where they are impacting the arts, entertainment and media industries.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen